|We are delighted to announce that Ambassador Michael Gaffey, Permanent Representative of Ireland to the United Nations in Geneva, has kindly offered to host our first in-person event of 2022 on Thursday 12th May from 18.30 to 20.30 in Geneva. |
This event is for you if you are interested in:
– Learning more about philanthropy
– Hearing about commonalities and differences in philanthropy in Ireland and Switzerland
– Discovering recent trends in global philanthropy and learning about some of the legislative measures and restrictions that are being put in place or being discussed in this context
– Discovering how philanthropy is playing a role in rebuilding after the COVID-19 pandemic and in supporting the ongoing work to address an increasing number of conflict situations globally
– Connecting with other Irish professionals living and/or working in Switzerland
We hope that this event will enable IBN members to gain insights into the many facets of philanthropy, how it can be most impactful and how we can all contribute, even in a modest way, to rebuilding through philanthropy.
Our distinguished panel will comprise Eilis Murray, CEO, Philanthropy Ireland and Mara De Monte, Executive Director, Geneva Centre for Philanthropy, Université de Genève.
The evening will start with a presentation from each of our speakers, after which participants will be welcome to join an open and lively discussion followed by a networking reception.
Please note that places are limited to a group of 30 people. Bookings are taken on a first-come, first-served basis and additional requests will be added to a waiting list.
When: Thursday 12th May, 18:30-20:30 CEST
Where: Geneva – address will be shared with registered participants
RSVP by: April 30th 2022 (Please click Register below)
Fee: Free of Charge.
Kindly sponsored by the Government of Ireland Emigrant Support Programme and by the Permanent Mission of Ireland to the UN Geneva.