We are delighted to be able to bring you an in-person event in Zürich once again and have teamed up with the eminent Zürich James Joyce Foundation for a fresh take on our popular annual James Joyce event.
– Interested in hearing from a Joycean scholar about the life of James Joyce and in particular, his time in Zürich?
– Curious to learn more about his great works such as Ulysses?
– Keen to once again meet up in person and network with fellow Irish ex-pats and friends of Ireland?
Then join us for an evening with the Zürich James Joyce Foundation, where Fritz Senn will present a talk titled “An Introduction to James Joyce”. Fritz Senn is a worldwide renowned expert on James Joyce and the director and founder of the Zürich James Joyce Foundation. He regularly offers courses on James Joyce’s Ulysses at the Foundation and the University of Zürich (UZH) and conducts weekly public reading groups on Ulysses.
The evening will start at the Foundation and will continue and finish at the James Joyce bar just a short walk from the Foundation, in keeping with the theme of our event. The James Joyce bar contains the interior of the old Jury’s Hotel on Dame Street, which was mentioned in Joyce’s works, such as “Barmaid in Jury’s” in Ulysses.
COVID 19: To enjoy the pleasure of attending an event in-person and as required by the Federal Office of Public Health, all attendees must present a COVID certificate as well as an identity document upon arrival. Kindly note the IBN reserves the right to deny entry to any person(s) to this event if they fail to present this information.
Date: Tuesday 26th Oct
Time: 18:30 – 21:00 CET
Cost: This event is kindly sponsored by the Government of Ireland Emigrant Support Programme
– Zürich James Joyce Foundation, Augustinergasse 8, 2nd floor, 8001 Zürich (from 18.30)
– The James Joyce, Pelikanstrasse 8, 8001 Zürich (from approx. 20:00)
Queries: This event is fully subscribed. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.