Who we are
Established in 2008, IBN Switzerland is a growing Swiss-wide community of 1000+ professionals – Irish, Swiss and friends of Ireland – living and/or working in Switzerland.
The network exists to connect our members to each other. It offers the opportunity to enhance the professional interests of our members and support Irish businesses operating in or entering into Switzerland, while our social events ensure there’s also a fun factor.
Our members represent a diverse range of backgrounds, skills and experience in finance, life sciences, technology, food, sustainability, education, construction and consultancy.
We are actively supported by Enterprise Ireland, the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Eamon Hickey, the Irish Ambassador to Switzerland.
Why join us?
- Access to Swiss and Irish opinion leaders and decision makers in industry
- Access to a wide knowledge base on issues relevant to living and/or working in Switzerland
- Knowledge about business activity in Ireland and Irish companies active in Switzerland
- Access to local expert advice for Irish companies starting business in Switzerland
- Support for newcomers to Switzerland as professionals and families
- Networking events and business receptions in Basel, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Zug and Zurich as well as Switzerland wide virtual events
- Opportunities for younger or early career members to benefit from networking, informal mentoring and internships
- Opportunity to access and share interesting information and articles through our newsletters and online platforms
- Membership is free of charge and open to anyone living and/or working in Switzerland with strong business or personal links to Ireland.
Click on this button to join.
What do we ask of our members?
Once you’ve joined, you will receive details of all upcoming events.
We encourage you to take an active part in the IBN by attending our events, suggesting speakers and topics and encouraging networking among members.
Members can also support Irish enterprise and provide Irish companies entering Switzerland with insights into the local market – this may be through meeting Irish companies at our events or through our discussion boards on our website and LinkedIn page.
Meet the elected 2021-2022 committee
Below you can find out more about our current committee who were voted in during the October AGM for 2021/2022.
All committee members are proud of their Irish heritage and fulfil their role alongside demanding careers and active lives.
The committee very much welcomes you to join the network and looks forward to seeing you at our next events, in person or online!
The IBN is a registered non-profit association managed by its members on a voluntary basis. Membership is free.
We are funded through sponsorships, strategic partnerships, fee paying events and individual donations.
If you would like to make a donation to support the work of the IBN, please click the donate button below.
In addition, we are very grateful for the contribution from the Irish Government’s Emigrant Support Programme